Wednesday, August 01, 2007

GUE Tech 2?

Until recently, I was quite happy with Tech 1 and diving in the 50m range. I used to find deco longer than 30 min quite unbearable and didn't have any ambitions of diving deeper.

Lately, however, things have changed. I think it started with the recent trips I made to the Repulse and Seven Skies and PG. The wrecks have lots to see in the 50m range but the bottom is closer to 60m. I've been getting urges to want to see what's down there. There are also lots of deeper wrecks (like the Prince of Wales) that I'm interested in. I've also been pushing the depth limits of Tech 1 and diving with 2 deco bottles (50% and 100%) lately.

I am now interested in doing Tech 2. This year is pretty much out of the question due to my new job and schedule. I've been in preliminary discussions with Gideon Liew about doing the course in May 2008. Possible locations are the east coast of Malaysia or Puerto Galera.

Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested.

No comments: