Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Local Dives at Pulau Aur

I spent Easter weekend in Pulau Aur doing some leisurely recreational dives. I took advantage of the benign conditions to test out my new 30/30 drysuit and 12-24 mm wide angle lens. The drysuit was a pleasure to use even in the sunny and humid conditions. The suit really does breathe! And it fits perfectly and is a joy to dive. Gone are my fears of overheating while diving dry in the tropics. There is something to be said for the freedom and ease of diving wet but I think I am slowly being converted.

As a trial run for my wide angle lens, we did a short dive at Diver's Lodge House Reef where Leon, Antia, Dagomir, and Alvin posed for photographs. It was a blast shooting them but surprisingly tiring, as I found that it was easier for the models to stay put and for me to move around them. I was breathless by the end of the dive. Here are some of the highlights (Photoshopped courtesy of Dagomir):




No comments: